Before playing any game, knowing the odds is a good start, rather than wasting your money on something that is a flat-out failure, you can focus on the most profitable options. This is where we come to keno. Here we discuss the keno odds and show you why this game has many benefits that you can take advantage of.
- +Odds on the Keno table
- +Playing Keno machines
Odds on the Keno table
When playing lottery games consisting of numbers, there is always an element of luck involved. The probability of winning can change throughout the game when you play, even though you’ll have no control or influence on balls that are selected in the draw. So, how can you win, how do you pick the right number combination?
One scheme a player can take is a practice so that it lowers the ratio of losses and increases gains at a profitable level after landing each prize. The formula for this is to choose N numbers, for example, N = 6. Combine K numbers, for example, 3, Your C numbers are N+K which are a combination of N = 6.
Keno odds calculator
If you choose the calculator option when approaching a casino game, you'll be able to increase your betting chances with your ticket. Usually, online casinos will offer the option of using an odds calculator. By using this option, you'll get to calculate what your payout will be when you bet with the minimum stake.
For example, picking variations of numbers with 2. The condition of the move is 2 of 3. This all means that if you play X version of Keno, the winning solution is X amount value = total payout. Minus the value of the ticket and there you have your profit.
If the casino offers no calculator, you can find plenty online that will help you to bet and calculate the payouts depending on the strategy you play against.
Using Keno odds charts
Using a chart is not against the rules. Players can work out potential outcomes that are related to the number of numbers you are playing at the table.
Here is a quick look at the odds of winning numbers that the chart shows us.
- 1 number = 3.30 to 1
- 2 numbers = 12 to 1
- 3 numbers = 42 to 1
- 4 numbers = 155 to 1
- 5 numbers = 710 to 1
- 6 numbers = 3050 to 1
- 7 numbers = 11100 to 1
- 8 numbers 46000 to 1
So, what are the best odds from these that help reduce the house edge on the game and guarantee prizes will enter your account?
Well, the odds of winning online far outweigh those when trying to catch a regular game of Keno. Playing a normal match gives the player a return rate of only 20 to 30 percent. Online it was in the 90 percent region. If you wager outside of the online circuit of betting, you’ll hit one-third of the amount than if you were to put your money on the Internet.
Playing Keno machines
Casinos are packed with virtual games, from video poker to roulette and keno is one which comes in great numbers to appease the masses. If you are drawn to the idea of placing your spots on a virtual table game, then the real bonus is the probability of winning which comes in at 98% on their odds. But you have to be smart when using these lottery machines. Once you win big from one machine, cease playing and move onto another. These games are programmed in such a way, that the casino will try to make its money back. So, it is best to pick new games after each win that you make.
The probability in Keno
The simple probability that your ticket will win a prize is 1 in 80, given that a player has 80 numbers to choose from. Your best bet is to hit 15 out of the 20 you choose to combine. Getting 20 out of 20 drawn is too much of a stretch as the return would be 1 in over 100 billion, in fact, the correct term goes into the quintillion amount. Hence why very few players have hit 20 numbers since the game was developed.
Note: The total that can be won in a game of keno is limited. The payout of a casino will be between $200,000 and $300,000, regardless of the amount you wager. So, also consider then when betting to preserve what you pay to play at the table.
Tips to catch a return inside the casinos
There are many strategies for many games found in casinos from slots to poker. If you are drawn to the idea of gaining advantages in play, then here are some tips played by seasoned players that help them to win prizes and a profitable payout from the numbers they match.
Tip #1: Picking the right casino and game with better payouts
Getting the biggest total payout possible is key. There are many casinos out there and with them, many variants of the keno game. various games have a number of different total numbers you can pick from, up to 10, 15 or even 20 numbers you can bet on.
So, what are the best wager payouts?
- One number chosen should be paid at 1 to 1.
- Pick two numbers a one from this will be 1 to 1 and both will be 9 to 1.
- Three and one is from 1 to 1, two paid at 2 to 1 and three at 16 to 1.
- Four numbers offer 0.5 to 1 for one, 2 to 1 for 2, 6 to 1 for three and all four at 12 to 1.
- Pick 5 spots and again it is 0.5 to 1 on one, two pays at 1 to 1, three at 3 to 1, four 15 to 1 and all five at 50 to 1.
- 6 combinations come in as follows: one at 0.5 to 1, two at 1 to 1, three 2 to 1, four 3 to 1, five 12 to 1 and six will pay 75 to 1 in total.
- If 7 are played, your return on one is 0.5 to 1, two 0.5 to 1, three 1 to 1, four 6 to 1, five 12 to 1, six 36 to 1 and seven at 100 to 1.
- Place 8 down and the prize return is 0.5 to 1 for one and two, three is 1 to 1, four at 3 to 1, five 6 to 1, six 19 to 1, seven 90 to 1 and all 8 comes in at 720 to 1.
- With 9 in the draw, you’ll get one and two at 0.5 to1, three at 1 to 1, four 2 to 1, five 4 to 1, six 8 to 1, seven 20 to 1, eight at 80 to 1 and nine at 1200 to 1.
- Ten returns the following: one = 0, two = 0.5, three = 1 to 1, four = 2 to 1, five = 3 to 1, six = 5 to 1, seven = 10 to 1, eight = 30 to 1, nine = 600 to 1 and ten = 1800 to 1.
- The combinations could go higher but the likelihood of winning actually becomes unrealistic, should you hit 15 for 15 then you’re paid out at 10,000 to 1.
Tip #2: Play free to prolong your chances
A bonus to grant you free credit will help to ensure your own finances aren’t at risk whilst playing with the casino’s own funds.
Tip #3: Better to play between four numbers and eight
These options retain the better payout return, the higher you go, the more the lower matches develop less importance and less value to being matched.
Learn more from our Keno guide below: